Thursday, March 15, 2012


According to WebMD:
The gallbladder is a small pouch that sits just under the liver. The gallbladder stores bile produced by the liver. After meals, the gallbladder is empty and flat, like a deflated balloon. Before a meal, the gallbladder may be full of bile and about the size of a small pear.
In response to signals, the gallbladder squeezes stored bile into the small intestine through a series of tubes called ducts. Bile helps digest fats, but the gallbladder itself is not essential. Removing the gallbladder in an otherwise healthy individual typically causes no observable problems.
  • Gallstones (cholelithiasis): For unclear reasons, substances in bile can crystallize in the gallbladder, forming gallstones. Common and usually harmless, gallstones can sometimes cause pain, nausea, or inflammation.
  • Cholecystitis: Inflammation of the gallbladder, often due to a gallstone in the gallbladder. Cholecystitis causes severe pain and fever, and can require surgery when inflammation continues or recurs.
Yesterday's tests confirm I have gallstones...Hmmmmmm, makes me think:

Like my gall bladder was created to help my body function properly; my tongue was made to glorify God in the body of Christ  and has the potential to help the body function properly....and like the stones in my gallbladder, my tongue can cause "blockage" in the body! i am examining my heart to ask God if there is "bile" that tears down others by my hurtful words, pride, judgement, criticism and/or gossip!
i hate to admit that i have been guilty of that far too many times over the years. But just like a trained physician can remove the created organ gone awry, our Great Physician can remove our offensive "organ" - i only have to ask to have the procedure begun.... 
Lord, i am asking!! i know there will be pain, i understand that there is potential for setbacks if i do not obey the physician's orders; I trust You and Your work is perfect!  
i love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My name is Linda. I am a wife, a mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin to some of the most wonderful people on earth. I am first and foremost a follower / believer in Jesus Christ....my Saviour. He died on the cross for me! He rose again for me! The best thing...He did it for you too! What a wonderful, mighty God I serve!